A special Continental sale of Bullocks brought a fine selection of quality cattle to Ballinrobe on Wednesday last, according to Tom McGuire, Manager. Mr. McGuire said that the demand and tempo of the sale were reflected by the rapid speed of the auctioneer who was selling 100 lots/hour.
A Charolais 645 kg made €1610.00 or €2.50 per kg; a Limousin 555 kg hit €1455.00 or €2.62 per kg, a Charolais-Cross 465 kg was acquired for €1410.00 or €3.03 per kg and two Aberdeen-Angus sold together 355 kg made €1045.00 or €2.94 per kg.
2 Charolais sold together 512 kg made €1385.00 or €2.71 per kg, a Limousine X 525 kg made €1445.00 or €2.75 per kg and 2 Aberdeen Angus sold together 325 kg made €985.00 or €3.03 per kg.
- Best price in the Weanling Bulls went a Limousine 377 kg made €1100.00 or €2.92 per kg.
- Top price in the Weanling Heifers went to a Charolais 275 kg made €935.00 or €3.40 per kg.
Culls; Sucklers & Suck Calves
- Best price in the dry cows went to a Charolais X 755 kg made €1550.00 or €2.05 per kg.
- A Limousin Cow with a heifer calf at foot made €1535.00
- Friesian bull suck calves ranged in price from €50.00to a top of €110.00 while Sim X bull calf made €340.00.
Sheep numbers were similar to last week with again a full clearance reported by Mr. McGuire. Hoggets make from 104.00 to €120.00 with fat ewes asking from €80.00 to a €124.00; Butcher Lambs hit prices from €105.00 to €130.00