That's Farming paid a visit to the Farm of Shane Reilly in Co Mayo. Shane is currently finishing 80 cattle with the help of zero-grazing. Shane is not providing the cattle with any meal and is finishing the cattle on a pure grass-fed diet. Check out the video to see the results.
What are the benefits of Zero Grazing?
- Reduce High Feed Costs. Reduce expensive feed costs and move to an increased grass diet.
- Increase Protein and Butterfat for dairy farmers. Quality Grass = Quality milk
- Avoid Land Damage. Take the pressure off grazing ground in wet conditions.
- Increased Grass Growth. Increase your grass growth and utilisation
- Make Use Of All Your Land. No need for the logistical nightmare of walking cows long distances.