A 1,090-acre commercial farm will go under the hammer on Tuesday, August 11th at 3pm at the Johnstown Estate Hotel, Enfield.
It is “one of the largest and most productive farms ever offered for sale on the open market in Ireland” according to Raymond Potterton Auctioneers.
Ballinla Farm, Edenderry, is located from 5km Edenderry, 27km Enfield and 60km Dublin City and Airport via the M4.
There is easy access to the Motorway Network at Junction 3 on the M6, Junction 9 on the M4 and Junction 16 on the M7, the selling agent outlined.
The property features:
- 720-acres of “top-yielding” tillage lands – 10-year field records show consistently high yields of quality grain frequently in excess of 5 tonnes per acre;
- 190-acres of “highly productive” grassland – laid out in field sizes ranging from 10-20-acres. Stock-proof fencing for cattle and sheep and properly maintained gates giving access to the farm roadway system, facilitating the easy movement of stock as a one-man operation;
- 180-acres of professionally managed forestry – predominately of Sitka and Norway Spruce.
“It is difficult to adequately convey the quality and standard of excellence throughout the lands and the exceptionally good layout.”
“Uniquely, the farm is laid out in a single block with more than 5kms of public road frontage and serviced by c. 8km of internal roadways with level, smooth surfaces facilitating fast and efficient movement of machinery and vehicles. Bounded on one side for 3.3kms by the Grand Canal.”
“Ballinla has been developed as a highly productive commercial farm and maintained to an incredibly high standard by three-generations of the Vendor family and comes to the market for the first time in more than 100 years.”
It includes a non-basement Georgian House built c. 1842, which is a listed building of merit, sited in a lovely parkland setting of mature hardwood trees and is approached by a short avenue.
The house has been unoccupied for a number of years during which time the roof and entire structure have been carefully maintained and upgraded; the interior needs complete refurbishment, according to the selling agent.
Accommodation includes spacious entrance hall, 3 well-proportioned reception rooms, kitchen, and utilities, 4 bedrooms and a bathroom.
The house faces south-west with lawns and shrubbery and overlooks mature hardwood parkland trees.
Penny Lodge has been described as a “very attractive, easily managed, and comfortable family home”.
Accommodation includes a south-facing veranda, entrance hall, a living room, a dining room, study, a large-fitted kitchen with centre island breakfast bar, dining and living areas, playroom, utility, cloakroom and guest bathrooms.
It also has 5 double bedrooms with master en-suite, family bathroom, walk-in airing cupboard and an oil-fired central heating.
The farmyard is positioned towards the centre of the cereal growing and is accessed by a wide tarmac road which also provides access to the two residential dwellings.
The farmyard extends to c. 4-acres of industrial standard concreted yard which accommodates an extensive range of buildings including:
- Modern grain store
- Gantry conveyor for overhead filling;
- 4 multi-purpose bays or bins with 6m high roller doors;
- General store with asbestos sheeted roof;
- Grain store with underfloor ventilation and overhead filling facility, non-drip roofing;
- Machinery shed;
- Grain intake hoppers - underground, each of circa 30 tonne capacity;
- Grain cleaner;
- Two Alvan Blanch grain Driers with a combined drying capacity of 35t/hr;
- Seed grain drier with 5 tonnes per hour capacity;
- Slurry stores are adjacent, constructed in concrete overground tanks of an 800,000 gallon capacity and fitted with slatted sheep accommodation over;
- Emergency fire-fighting covered concrete water tank with a 100,000 gallon capacity and steel Perma store water tank with a 50,000 gallon capacity. Both tanks fed by main pipe from constant-flow Artesian Well;
- Farm workshop/repair building fully equipped fuel and lubricant store;
- Spare parts and tool store
- Weighbridge with 60ft platform and 50-tonne capacity. Bunded fuel oil tanks;
- A chemical store secure.
- Radio mast providing reliable high-speed broadband and mobile phone coverage
- Farm office well-appointed and including testing laboratory and staff facilities;
- Farm staff canteen.
- Three phase electricity power;
- 20,000 KVA EsB sub station
“All farm buildings are in excellent repair and condition.” the selling agent said.
The farm will be offered for sale as a unit and/or in lots:
- Ballyfore - 78-acres;
- Rogerstown - 74-acres;
- Ballinla - 61-acres;
- Ballinla – 877-acres;
- The entire - 1,090-acres.
For further information, please click here.