Accidents involving tractors and machinery result in far more deaths and severe injuries than other farm accidents.
You have no chance against the weight and power of the tractor or machine; take action to prevent accidents with tractors and machinery.
At the start of every season and regularly during it, farmers should carry out the following checks on their tractor;
- Check that the tires are properly inflated for the work they’re about to do;
- That all hydraulics have an adequate oil supply with no leaks;
- Check the engine oil levels;
- Be sure that the brake latch is in the correct position and that the foot brake and hand brake are in perfect working order;
- Check that the mirrors are intact and properly adjusted for the driver;
- Be sure that all lights are working, and kept clean;
- Ensure that visibility is not blocked by dirty or broken windows or doors.