In this episode horticulturist Paraic Horkan, gives us hints and help choosing the perfect wall climbers.Forget painting the sheds this year, how about taking Paraic’s advice and discover the beauty of a more natural covering?
- Lonicera Henryi – Honeysuckle – keeps foliage year round and flowers from June – October
- Glorie De Marengo
- Paddy’s Pride
- Gold Child
These all retain their foliage throughout winter, cover the wall completely and cling to the wall unsupported.
Perfect for covering large walls, anything from 7 – 10 ft.
- Cissus Striata – Very fast growing – will produce up to 10 ft of growth/year
- Suitable for very large walls.
- Climbing Hydrangea – Self-supporting
- Clematis – Various flowering times
- Common Virginia Creeper – Goes a brilliant colour in winter
Produced and edited by TF Media