Up to six feeds can be programmed into a solar-powered timer to automatically dispense meal ration or nuts to your animals using the Solar Feedsman 4000.
A specific number of kilos can be dispensed each time, freeing up a lot of time for the farmer during the day.
There are four different models available, including three-point linkage or trailed. The Feedsman - which is available from Connacht Agri Supplies, Co. Mayo - is surrounded by a 34ft trough, allowing space for 25 adult cattle.
The solar panels power the 12/24 volt batteries and make the feeder completely self-contained. It can be programmed for up to 50 days in advance.
A spokesperson for Connacht Agri Supplies listed the advantages of the feeder; “You can choose what times you wish to feed, how many kilos per time, and how many allowances per day”.
According to the company, the feeder is timesaving, and the animals get an equal share of the feed, meaning that greedier ones can’t get sick while the quieter ones get a fair proportion.
- Automatically increase or decrease feed by degrees as you finish the animals,
- Protection from Birds,
- It can be filled any way you choose,
- Theft prevention system - removable drawbar.
How to use the Feedsman 4000
- Fill with the bulk feed,
- Drive to your pasture and set-up your Feedsman,
- Level the trough with the levelling leg,
- Set the controller for how many times & the amount of feed you wish to dispense,
- Pull the Shut-Off handle to the open position,
- Take off the retractable draw-bar,
- Allow the cattle to feed.
- Deep cycle 12/24volt batteries,
- Solar controller,
- Solar panels,
- Programmable timer,
- A feed time siren,
- Removable drawbar.
For more information, click here
Image source: Connacht Agri Supplies Ltd.\Website