At first glance, this clip looks like a set-up, because of the speed and efficiency that the farmer was able to pick up his sheep, lay it on its side and clip her wool with ease.
In fact, the farmer is using the Prattley Sheep Handler, by using this handling system, there was no obvious trauma to the sheep and no physical strain on the farmer.
Based in South Canterbury, New Zealand, Prattley Industries are a manufacturer of animal handling equipment such as sheep races and cattle yards and their products can be found throughout Ireland.
A spokesperson for the company said: “We continue to research and develop our products in the farming community to keep one step ahead of current farming processes, our products have evolved through our close relationship with farmers and their needs.”
- Fully adjustable to suit any size ewe, lamb or ram,
- Sheep lie without struggling in a safe, secure position,
- Adjustable work height - No bending for the operator,
- Lightweight, easy to shift,
- Full access around to the rear of animal and feet for inspection,
- Ideal to use in conjunction with Prattley yards or handling race.