Kuhn has released its new generation of square balers; the SB series comprises of four double-knotter models that produce three different bale sizes with an aim to present a solution for every producer in all crop conditions.
Kees van Hooijdonk, Factory Product Managers said, “The effectiveness of machines is becoming more and more important and producing perfect bales under all circumstances are crucial”.
“We designed this range of large square balers with exactly those customers’ needs in mind by complimenting the proven KUHN features with well thought out and innovative solutions,” he added.The SB series:
- SB 890 - 80 x 90 cm
- SB 1270 X - 120 x 70 cm
- SB 1290 - 120 x 90
- SB 1290 iD – provides the most density bale
- The crank angle position sensor and plunger rod load pins measure the total machine load. Precise machine load measurements are performed throughout the complete plunger cycle. The benefit of this measuring method is that extra bale weight can be achieved.
- This results in higher transport and handling efficiency.
- Good accessibility to the inside of the machine during daily inspection and maintenance. The knotter deck is equipped with solid stairs and a safety railing.
- Optimal comfort thanks to the heavy flywheel, the load sensing hydraulics and the torque regulation system.
- All SB models are equipped with the proven KUHN invented INTEGRAL ROTOR for the best possible crop flow.
- All rotor types feature boltable rotor tines made out of Hardox wear plate offering excellent durability and easy exchange.
- An active pre-chamber filling mechanism with a newly designed mechanical feeder fork steering system for producing evenly shaped bales.
- A double-knotter binding system with standard electronic twine monitoring adapted for extremely dense bales.
- All SB models are fully ISOBUS compatible with an intuitive user interface, easy to control via the ISOBUS terminal of the tractor or via KUHN’s CCI 50 / CCI 1200 terminals
- The SB models are fitted as standard with a load sensing hydraulic system. This system is used for axle locking, knife steering, roller chute and bale ejector functionalities.
Video Source: Kuhn \ YouTube