Spaldings have recently launched the latest piece of machinery in their range, a mini tractor which is controlled by a remote and is capable of carrying out winching and flail mowing duties, the Pfanzelt Moritz Fr50.
What it does -
The Pfanzelt Moritz Fr50 is a remote controlled mini tracked tractor with a built-in logging winch that can be replaced by a flail mower for vegetation control.
The rubber tracked vehicle is designed for easy mobility and for working in locations that are difficult to access, are too delicate for full-size machines or where there are dangers for an onboard operator.
- Weighs 1400kg
- 2.2m long
- 1.2m tall
- Width of 1.1m
- Powered by a 35hp diesel engine
- Hydrostatic drive.
- Due to its small size and low weight, the Moritz Fr50 can be transported on a trailer carried by a 4x4, van or pick up truck.
- The track spacing can be widened hydraulically by up to 400mm for maximum stability.
- Remote control operation allows for maximum safety of the operator.
- Large storage compartment within chassis for tools and equipment.
- Can work efficiently in tough terrains.
- Built-in logging.
- Rubber tracks for easy mobility.
- Multi-purpose vehicle - Built-in logging winch can be replaced by flail mower.
“In standard form, the Moritz carries a two-speed cable winch with a heavy-duty logging plate,” points out Paul Denton, the Spaldings project development manager.
“But the winch can be replaced by a 1.2m flail mower on the Cat I linkage to extend the machine’s workload.” he added.
Mr. Denton says they see the Moritz being used for controlled direction felling and vegetation control, while also addingthat a stump grinder attachment is in the works.
“We envisage a contractor using the Moritz for woodland and embankment vegetation control or to provide tension for controlled direction felling where trees have to be cut down in a confined location,” he said.
“Skidding felled trees from woodland and dealing with light brash and vegetation are also within its scope, and Pfanzelt is planning a stump grinder attachment.” Paul continued.
The Moritz Fr50 base vehicle is priced at £44,500/€49,695. You can get further information here
Video - Pfanzelt Maschinenbau on Youtube.