The “Lifeguard” roll bar is a New Zealand design to help improve safety on quads. It helps give operators protection from being crushed by the quad when an accident occurs. According to farm safety ambassador, Peter Gohery, about 50% of those killed in quad accidents in the past decade were killed after the quad landed on them, making this design revolutionary in the sense.
The "Lifeguard" is described as a segmented Roll Bar that helps give crush protection on an upturned Quad and is less likely to cause injury to the rider. It is designed to hold up a Quad in excess of 350kg and can be simply mounted to the rear carrier.
The main difference in the design is that it is flexible, passive and yielding, rather than being hard and rigid. The segmented roll bar, is a new concept, and has the ability to deflect around a person’s body upon impact. It cannot collapse or flatten, meaning it will hold the quad off the ground and protect them from being crushed by the vehicle.
- Flexible Roll Bar will limit impact, but cannot collapse (it can support over 1,200kg)
- The spring in the Roll Bar will help the Quad to bounce off rather than crushing the operator.
- Designed in an arc shape to deflect the weight.
- The weight of the ATV is spread across, and can support up to a weight of 500kg.
- Lightweight design and arc shape allow you to roll the bike off you should you become trapped. It's possible to wriggle out from underneath an up-turned Quad arc shape assists rolling the Quad back onto its wheels
- Designed to mould around you in the event of a rollover.
- Provides comfort in event of an accident and protects against crushing.
- Frame built with high-quality alloy and has been brutally tested.
- Easy to install as it comes with installation instructions. Should take no more than 15mins to install.
- Could potentially save a life or someone from a life-changing injury.
Video - Indelible | Strategic Video Marketing on Youtube.