Our resident horticulturist – Paraic Horkan – selects his top 5 plants which were showcased at Bloom 2019 – Ireland’s premier garden festival.
- Cornus – white/pink flower, flowers from now until mid-summer, easy to grow, fantastic autumn colour in September and October;
- Stipa Grasses – Easy to grow, plant in groups of threes and fives in your garden for colour this summer;
- Arthur Bell – flowers from now until end of summer, ideal cut flower;
- Aliums – planted from bulbs in January and February, produce purple flowers, favoured by honeybees;
- Nepeta – good for covering ground, favoured by honeybees, plant now.
Video produced and edited by TF Media