There was another good entry at Roscommon Mart’s weanling sale on Tuesday (May 19th), according to a mart spokesperson.
A brisk trade was reported for heifers, with lots averaging €2.45-€3.34/kg. There was also a firm trade for weanling bulls, with prices reaching €3.38/kg.
Buyers bid both at home and on-site via the online platform.
Weanling heifers - €2.45-€3.34/kg:
- CHX - 445kg - €1210 - €2.71/kg;
- LMX - 390kg - €1120 - €2.87/kg;
- CHX - 405kg - €1070 - €2.64/kg;
- CHX - 390kg - €1060 - €2.71/kg;
- CHX - 310kg - €890 - €2.87/kg;
- CHX - 310kg - €900 - €2.90/kg;
- CHX - 245kg - €820 - €3.34/kg;
- 2 LMX - 262.50kg - €790 - €3.00/kg;
- CHX - 245kg - €820 - €3.34/kg.
Weanling - bulls - €2.39-€3.38/kg:
- CHX - 505kg - €1240 - €2.45/kg;
- CHX - 510kg - €1180 - €2.31/kg;
- LMX - 390kg - €1170 - €3.00/kg;
- CHX - 400kg - €1080 - €2.70/kg;
- LMX - 310kg - €1050 - €3.38/kg;
- LMX - 380kg - €1030 - €2.71/kg;
- CHX - 325kg - €910 - €2.80/kg;
- CHX - 310kg - €940 - €3.03/kg;
- BBX - 375kg - €950 - €2.56/kg;
- 3 LMX - 323kg - €880 - €2.72/kg;
- SIM - 370kg - €850 - €2.29/kg.