There was an “exceptional” trade at Headford Mart on Saturday (September 12th), according to a spokesperson.
A special weanling show and sale, which was held in conjunction with the general cattle sale, recorded prices of up to €4.98/kg.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.18 to €2.73 per kg or €120 to €900 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a LMX - 540kg - €1440 - €2.67/kg or top price per kg – a CHX - 400kg - €1090 - €2.73/kg.
- Heifers went under the hammer from €1.43 to €2.85 per kg or €150 to €795 over the kg - Top price over kg – a LMX - 575kg - €1370 - €2.38/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 270kg - €770 - €2.85/kg.
- Weanling heifers climbed from €1.74 to €5.00 per kg or €200 to €1095 over the kg - Top price over the kg and per kg – a LMX - 275kg - €1370 - €4.98/kg (a second-prize winner).
- Weanling bulls pushed from €1.62 to €3.40 per kg or €180 to €930 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a BBX - 470kg - €1400 - €2.98/kg (a first prize-winner) and top price per kg – a CHX - 200kg - €680 - €3.40/kg (2nd prize).
- Cull cows made from €540 to €1640 for a 3-year-old LMX, weighing 790kg.
Lambs ranged from €57 up to €140 or €1.77 to €2.95 per kg, with prices for ewe lambs outlined below:
- 50kg - €140- €2.80/kg;
- 40kg - €116 - €2.90/kg;
- 35kg - €99 - €2.83/kg;
- 44kg - €124 - €2.82/kg;
- 45.5kg - €120 - €2.64/kg.
Cull ewes made from €74 to €105, while breeders made from €105 to €152 and ewe hoggets clicked from €140 to €200.