The UCD Agricultural Society committee was formed earlier this week, with Aoife Bergin selected as auditor for the 2019/2020 academic term.
“There’s always great excitement starting afresh and picking two new charities; the motivations are high and fresh ideas spring to mind for the committee.” the Tipperary native said.
“From the get-go, AgSoc has always been considered a high point of every ag student’s college experience.”
“Academics is only half of the college experience, at the end of the day it’s the memories you make along the way that you remember,” she added.
AgSoc is partnering up with two new charities this year - St John’s Ward in Crumlin’s children’s hospital and Teac Tom.
St John’s Ward specialises in treatment for children with cancer and provides care for patients and their families.
Teac Tom is an initiative started by the Hayes family from Co. Kilkenny to support individuals and their families affected by suicide, or contemplating suicide.
County Colours, Bingo Loco, Mystery Tours, Industry Discussions and Welly Walks are in the pipeline for the year ahead.
“AG Soc looks forward to the challenge and enjoyment of organising the events for the year.”
“Next week, the UCD Freshers’ tent will host the annual signing-up process for society membership for the coming year. T-shirts, tea and goodies will all be available at the stand.”
- Auditor; Aoife Bergin;
- Careers; Owen Cashman;
- Treasurer; John O Grady;
- Secretary; Micheal O’ Mahony;
- Teashop ladies; Ev Fenlon, Sarah Woodmartin and Emily Roskam;
- Sports committee; Seamus Fox and Sean Murray;
- Ag Ball; Doireann Mulhall, Paudie Carew, Eileen McGarry and Zoe Newenham;
- Sponsorship; Hannah Irish;
- Debating officer; Simon Lanigan;
- 4th-year rep; Sinead Gallagher;
- Mystery tour; Lisa Begley and Catherine Brennan;
- Ceres magazine; Chris Heffernan and Orla Byrne;
- Housing liaison officers/1st-year confidant; Christy Conlon and Paul Maher;
- 3rd-year reps; Diarmuid Lee, Sean Tonra and Rachel Donovan;
- 2nd-year reps; Laura Thompson and Sarah Donnelly;
- 1st-year; Sinead O’ Sullivan and Aine Corkery.
- AG Soc PR and social media officer; Patrick Horgan, 4th-year Dairy Business student.