All roads will lead to Tullamore Show and AIB National Livestock Show, this Sunday 13th August 2017.
In the past number of years, 62,000 visitors have passed through the gates of the two-hundred-and-sixty-acre Butterfield Estate,in Blueball, Co. Offally.
700 trade stands, 300,000 square ft of tented village and 1000 classes ranging from Agriculture to Horticulture, Travel, Property and Health will dominate this year’s showgrounds.
This year’s see Brenda Kieran making history, sitting as the show’s first chair of the show committee.
Some Top Picks
- 45 AIB National Livestock Show titles up for grabs.
- AIB Livestock Parade of Champions.
- In the livestock section new classes have been added: Ayrshire Dairy Cattle, Blue Faced Leicester Sheep, and Pigs.
- Macra na Feirme All-Ireland Farm Skills competition.
- AgriKids Farm Safety Workshops.
- The Best Dressed Lady offers a €1,000 cash prize, up for grabs!
- Best Hat Competition.
- Farm Safety LIVE
- Talks, Tips and Hints' indoor workshops
- Rare Breeds and Pets Corner.
- Irish Cobs Exhibition- Devine Equestrian, Longford & Ballydangan Irish Cobs, Ballinasloe.
- Alpaca Showing classes.
- Young stock-person of the year.
- Cookery Demonstration: Neven Maguire & Bord Bia Food Advisor: Sheila Kelly.
- Country Music with Declan Nerney and his band.
The showgrounds will open their gates to the general public at 8.30am, with judging set to commence at 10am.
There is designated 20,000 free parking provided at the showgrounds, with four allocated dedicated routes.
Delays and diversions are to be expected all day.
Free shuttle buses will be in operation from O’Connor Square and Tullamore Train station from 9am and will run every hour from then.
Gardaí have released a traffic plan agenda and have asked all to co-operate.
The following routes have been planned.
NORTH/NORTH EAST TRAFFIC - (Kilbeggan, N.52, N.80 etc.)
Green Car Park.
WEST/NORTH WEST TRAFFIC – (From Athlone M6 direction)
Yellow Car Park adjacent to the showgrounds.
SOUTH/SOUTH EAST TRAFFIC - (Portlaoise, Mountmellick, N.80 Direction)
Blue car park.
SOUTH/SOUTH WEST TRAFFIC - (From Birr N.52 Direction)
Red car park.
A map displaying the layout of the showgrounds can be found here.
We are back at Tullamore Agricultural Show this year and will bring you a very exciting sixty-minute production.
Keep an eye out for out for the That’s Farming Editor, Videographers and Journalists throughout the day on the showgrounds.
Keep up-to-date for further updates on our:
To obtain further information about the show, see their website.
Admission fee is €20 for an adult on show-day.
Students and Senior Citizens are priced at €10.
Under twelve-year-old children will gain admission for free.