Gardai urge trailer owners to follow crime prevention measures after reports of theft in Co. Galway
Clifden Gardai in Co Galway have recently taken the report of several trailer thefts.
They have issued the following advice to trailer owners:
- Store away trailers when not in use - preferably out of sight from the public road.
- Lock farmyard gates and keep offenders out;
- Mark your trailers and other high-value property with your Eircode – Overt marking can be applied with spray paint & stencil, or a more permanent marking can be done with welder or grinder. Overt marking can be applied with Forensic DNA kits or etching underneath the trailer in areas which become mud-splattered and remain hidden;
- Lock your trailer with one or more locks. Consider a hitch lock as well as a second good quality lock and chain, and lock your trailer to a permanent fixture or anchor point;
- Remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity in your neighbourhood;
- Report all crime to An Garda Síochána. For more information please contact your local Garda Crime Prevention Officer.
Image source: Garda Síochána Western Region \ Facebook