Wondering what to do this weekend? Have a look at our top suggestions to make the start of October special.
1. Heading down South? Looking for love? Make sure you participate in the famous Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival! Read more about the traditional craic fest here.
2. If you’re a big swimmer or just a fan of aquatic sports, head to the Killary ‘Great Fjord Swim’. It’s an open water swimming event which takes place in the deep green waters of Killary Fjord surrounded by the mountains of Mayo and Connemara. Find out more here.
3. From food workshops and cookery demos to art trails, whiskey and wine tasting, Blás na hÉireann Food Awards and a full line up for children, the 10th annual Dingle Food Festival has something for everyone! Click here for more information.
4. Get your music fix down in Cork this weekend. The Cork Folk Festival is a four day music event, packed with Ireland's finest traditional musicians, dancers and singers. Read more about it here.
5. It may seem like déjà vu from two weeks ago, but it’s still relevant! Whether you’re a Dublin fan or a Mayo fan, we know you’ll be cheering on at least one team this weekend. The replay of the All-Ireland Football Championship final takes place Saturday 1st October in Croke Park. Fingers crossed, lads!