All the hope of a dry start for the week was quickly dashed on Monday, we had a lot of rain on Monday and Monday night.
Monday was spent in the workshop, first job was checking over the ploughs and making sure they are ready for their next outing, which probably won't be to till mid-week.
While the power harrow was ready to go, the drill needed some attention, we replaced a couple of broken coulter tips and after harrows, the one pass will only sow a small average of the hire work as the rest is sown with the horsch.
The fertiliser spreader made a pass over the wheat and oats again this week with nitrogen and sulphur.
The wheat is now all up to 125 units of nitrogen, it might be a small bit early as it is at growth stage 30 and I would normally wait until growth stage 32 before applying this split but the wheat is a small bit behind so I would like to push it on.
The oats are all up to 60 units and probably won't get any more as it's mostly all in section no ley.
The winter barley has got its first spray of the year, we are very happy with the barley as plant numbers are there and the crop is healthy.
Spring sowing started on Wednesday after driving around to see where land was dry enough to sow.
Olympus malting spring barley was sown at 65kg/acre with 3 bags of 7/9/25s down the spout, we held a little on the compound as it's good land and is following a crop of fodder beet. We finished sowing on Thursday evening and the ring roller was in it rolling it on Friday morning with the dust rising after it.
We then turned our attention to feeding barley, Irina and Mickle were both been sown at 72 kg/acre as the thousand grain weight was higher.
Just as things started to get busy I had a knowledge transfer meeting, while I did lose some of the morning it's always great to walk crops with knowledgeable people and get different opinions on crops.
Saturday evening seen all ploughed land sown and rolled, we will hope that the lower land will have dried enough to start ploughing again.