Hitting the €12,000 mark at the Irish Texel premier show and sale at Blessington Mart over the weekend was a ram lamb bred by Roger Doherty, Urrismana, Clonmany, Co. Donegal.
The sale-topping entry – lot number 202 – was born in February-2019.
Other notable prices included:
- Lot 27 - €3300 - owned by John Greene;
- Lot 176 - €3000 – owned by John, Colm and Michael Mc Hugh;
- Lot 175 - €2700 - owned by John, Colm and Michael Mc Hugh;
- Lot 211 - €2600 (1st prize ram lamb) – owned by Fergal O Sé;
- Lot 212 - €2600 (male champion) - owned by Fergal O Sé;
- Lot 6 - €2500 - owned by Liam Dillon;
- Lot 149 - €2500 - owned by Robert John Dunne;
- Lot 191 - €2400 – owned by TJ Duffy;
- Lot 290 - €2400 - owned by John, Colm and Michael Mc Hugh (reserve male champion).
Image source: Irish Texel Sheep Society \ Facebook [left; €12,000 ram lamb]