Cull cows met with a steady trade at Elphin Mart on Monday, February 17th, according to Gerry Connellan.
A 97% clearance was recorded in this ring; prices ranged from €420 to €1830 for a 900 kg Charolais cow, with an average of €1,215 recorded.
59% of in-calf heifers found new homes, with an average price of €1,454 achieved, as prices ranged from €1,000 to €2,240 for a Simmental, due the end of February.
Connellan reported that suckler pairings met with a full clearance; cows with a bull calf at foot ranged from €1,310 to €2,020 for a Simmental and her calf. Cows with a heifer calf at foot fetched from €1,700 to €2,260 for a Limousin.
“We had 100% clearance of bull weanlings, with prices governed by quality.”
- <300kg - the average price was €652 with a maximum price of €685 for a 220kg Limousin;
- 300-400kg - the average price was €859 with a maximum price of €985 for a 325 kg Charolais.
“We had a 100% clearance of heifer weanlings with prices governed by quality.”
- <300 kg - the average price achieved was €670 with a maximum price of €800 for a 285 kg Limousin;
- 300-400 kg - the average price achieved was €871 with a maximum price of €940 for a 320 kg Charolais;
- 400-500 kg - the average price achieved was €1,122 with a maximum price of €1,175 for a 495 kg Limousin;
- >500 kg - the average price achieved was €1,168 with a maximum price of €1,345 for a 640 kg Limousin.
“90% clearance of ewes ranged in price from €29-€141. Ewes and lambs ranged from €104 to €250. 99% clearance of lambs with prices steady.” the mart manager added.
- 54 kg - €136.50;
- 49 kg - €127;
- 43 kg - €115;
- 40.5 kg - €100;
- 31 kg - €60.