Snowfall continues to impact routes around Tipperary, Kilkenny, Offaly, Laois, Westmeath and Meath, with conditions being described as ”dangerous” in some parts.
There is a status Yellow Snow and Ice warning for Leinster and Tipperary issued by Met Eireann which is valid until 8am tomorrow.
“Some further falls of sleet and snow this evening, giving some further accumulations and some slippery roads.”
“But these clearing early tonight. Turning icy more widely overnight.” Met Éireann said.
Gardaí have asked motorists to exercise caution and reduce speed.
• It takes longer to stop a vehicle in snow or on icy roads so slow down and allow extra distance between you and the vehicle in front;
• Keep a sharp lookout for pedestrians, cyclists and other vulnerable road users;
• Keep your windows clear of snow during your journey;
• Manoeuvre gently; avoid harsh braking, acceleration or steering as these can induce a skid;
• Use the highest gear possible to reduce the engine revs as this will help avoid wheel spin;
• When travelling downhill, especially through a series of bends, select a low gear as early as possible and allow your speed to reduce using the brake pedal gently.