Take a look at some of the other news stories of the day, which didn't quite get the full mention.
- Lakeland Dairies have announced their September milk prices. This takes the Lakeland payment to a gross 36.5c/L including VAT
- The GLAS Traditional Farm Building scheme is now open for applicants. This is a grant, which offers support to those to maintain older buildings of up to €25,000.
- An exemption to the stamp duty tax increases may be given to some farmers, that’s according to Minister Creed.
- Inland Fisheries Ireland confirmed that 65 farmed salmon have been caught in five rivers in Counties Galway and Mayo. They lead the calls for compliance and enforcement of regulations.
- Seán Kyne TD, Minister of State for Community Development, Natural Resources and Digital Development, officially launch the 5-year Acclimatize project (www.acclimatize.eu/), a new €6.7 million climate change research initiative,
- The IFA and Bord Bia have taken a trip to Turkey, with live exports to the forefront of talks. Turkey require the importation of 500,000 head of cattle per year.
- Non Glanbia members will be paid €133 per tonne for their barley, with transport allowances.
- The ICSA election campaign has begun and association's rural development chairman Seamus Sherlock has received a nomination to go forward.He will run against the current president Patrick Kent.