Trade remained brisk at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (May 16th), with plenty of activity around the ring for quality cattle, according to Ann Harkin – Manager.
“Plainer-type bulls are the most difficult to sell. Forward stores are in great demand with both farmers and feedlot buyers competing for these.” she added.
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €600/head to €1315/head.
- Beef bullocks over 600 kgs - €600 to €690 over;
- Store bullocks - €400 to €650 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €775 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €615 over;
- Dry cows - €600 to €1315 each.
Spring lambs sold to a high of €138 for 60kgs on Monday (May 13th).
- €95 to €110 for 36-40 kgs;
- €110 to €120 for 40-42 kgs;
- €120 to €125 for 42-45 kgs;
- €125 to €130 for 45-50 kgs.
- Fat ewes pushed from €65 to €135;
- Ewes with 1 lamb made from €160 to €200;
- Ewes with 2 lambs sold from €200 to €265.