There was a smaller entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (September 19th), due to the “great weather and the National Ploughing Championships, according to Ann Harkin.
“Still plenty of buyers present and mostly looking for quality in-spec cattle which are still a great trade. Plainer cattle and bulls are still the most difficult to sell.” the manager outlined.
- Bulls fetched from €1.70/kg to €2.30/kg;
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.00/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €500 to €695 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €700 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €690 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €785 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €635 over;
- Fat cows climbed from €860/head to €1315/head.