There was close to a full clearance recorded at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, January 17th, according to Ann Harkin.
The mart manager said: “There was a great entry of cattle with a great trade for all types on offer.”
“Quality in-spec cattle were most sought after. More buyers present thinking about purchasing cattle
for grazing.” Harkin added.
- Bulls ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bullocks fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers sold from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €515 to €690 over;
- Beef bullocks - €550 to €845 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €710 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €770 over;
- Store heifers - €365 to €675 over;
- Dry cows - €700 to €1550 each.