There was a good entry of lambs at the Annual Christmas Lamb Show and Sale on Monday (December 10th) at Raphoe Livestock Mart, according to Ann Harkin - Manager.
The manager said factory agents and local butchers were keen to purchase top-quality lambs.
With two classes up for judging – Suffolk and Texel Cross, duties were left in the capable hands of Andrew Wilson who had a difficult task choosing from the stock presented at the show - sponsored by Inisleigh Farm Foods - Newtowncunningham.
The Champion lambs - 5 Continental-cross lambs - 48kg - which made for €200 were purchased by Bernard Mc Carron, Butchers, Raphoe.
The Reserve Champion Lambs were secured by Ciaran Mc Cullagh - Butcher - Raphoe; this pen of Continental-cross lambs - weighing 49kg - sold at €166.
3rd-Prize pen of 5 Continental-cross lambs sold at €164 for 48 kgs - purchased by Roy Craig on behalf of Bernard Mc Carron Butchers - Raphoe.
- 1st-prize - Pen of 5 Suffolk-cross Lambs - €106 for 49 kgs - purchased by John Patton - Drumkeen;
- 2nd-prize - Pen of 5 Suffolk-cross lambs -€112 - 47 kgs - purchased by John Patton - Drumkeen;
- 3rd-prize - Pen of 5 Suffolk-cross lambs - €108 - 48 kgs - purchased by Nelson Mc Connell - Raphoe.
- 1st – Daniel Harkin, Carndonagh;
- 2nd - Rose Colhoun, Lifford;
- 3rd – John Mc Connell, Raphoe.
- 1st – Clive & Robbie Barnett, Raphoe – also the Champion Lambs of the Show;
- 2nd – Glenn Mc Connell, Raphoe – also the Reserve Champion Lambs of the Show;
- 3rd – Glenn Mc Connell, Raphoe.
Image source: Raphoe Mart \ Facebook.