Quality types sold well at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 1st), with heifers topping out at €715 over the kg, according to Ann Harkin.
“There was a good entry of cattle for the time of year,” said Harkin who noted that lighter-types – bulls and heifers – peaked at €2.40/kg, while plainer lots ranged from €1.70/kg to €2.00/kg.
- Bulls/Bullocks sold from €1.70/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers made from €2.00/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €1340/head.
Harkin said that more farmers and agents made their presence felt at the ringside at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday (July 29th).
“There was a good entry of sheep with a larger number of farmers and agents all keen to purchase quality sheep.”
- €60 to €70 for 27-30 kgs;
- €70 to €78 for 32-36 kgs;
- €78 to €85 for 36-40 kgs;
- €85 to €92 for 40-43 kgs;
- €90 to €95 for 43-47 kgs;
- €95 to €105 for 47-53 kgs.
- Fat ewes climbed from €60 to €130;
- Breeding hoggets clicked from €150 to €186.