Poll Results: 66% in favour of draw systems at marts


60% of readers said that a draw system would encourage them to sell their stock at a mart.

Poll Results: 66% in favour of draw systems at marts

  • ADDED
  • 1 year ago

60% of readers said that a draw system would encourage them to sell their stock at a mart.

66% of mart attendees are in favour of a draw system - that’s according to a poll conducted by That’s Farming.

In recent years, livestock marts have changed their method for starting weekly cattle sales by rolling this system.

At the beginning of every sale, a number is selected by a member of the public at the ringside and the result will determine if lots will pass through the ring in descending or ascending order.

64% of poll respondents revealed that their local mart does not operate a draw system, while the remaining 36% said that their mart has implemented this system.

60% of readers said that a draw system would encourage them to sell their stock at a mart.

Aurivo Balla Mart

Aurivo Balla Mart, Co. Mayo is one of the most recent venues in the country to introduce this format.

A spokesperson for the mart outlined that “there is no advantage in ringing/booking early”.

The change was made in response to customer requests; all numbers are equal going into the pot for a draw, meaning that this eliminates certain numbers being favourable.

Similar Articles

Comments


Most popular

The Marts Forecast
The Marts Forecast
Click to View Weekly Mart Schedules
SELECT LIVESTOCK

Cattle Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Birr
  • Carrigallen
  • Granard
  • Elphin
  • Inishowen
  • Manorhamilton
  • Stranolar
  • Tuam

Tuesday

  • Ballina
  • Ballyjamesduff
  • Drumshambo
  • Ennis
  • Enniscorthy
  • Fermoy
  • Nenagh

Wednesday

  • Athenry
  • Ballinrobe
  • Elphin
  • Granard
  • Kilrush
  • Nenagh

Thursday

  • Ballymote
  • Birr
  • Castlerea
  • Drumshambo
  • Ennis
  • Kilkenny
  • Raphoe

Friday

  • Donegal
  • Gort
  • Kilfenora
  • Roscommon
  • Roscrea
  • Tullow

Saturday

  • Balla
  • Carnew
  • Carrigallen
  • Dowra
  • Loughrea
  • Maam Cross
  • Mohill
  • New Ross
  • Scariff
  • Tullow

Sheep Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Ballyjamesduff
  • Carrigallen
  • Elphin
  • Fermoy
  • Kilkenny
  • Raphoe

Tuesday

  • Athenry
  • Ballina
  • Donegal
  • Ennis
  • Inishowen
  • Tuam
  • Tullow

Wednesday

  • Ballinrobe
  • Enniscorthy
  • Gort
  • Manorhamilton
  • Roscommon
  • Roscrea
  • Stranorlar

Thursday

  • Ballymote
  • Carnew
  • Loughrea

Friday

  • Dowra

Saturday

  • New Ross
  • Maam Cross

Dairy Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Kilkenny

Tuesday

Wednesday

  • Enniscorthy (2nd Wednesday Of Month)

Thursday

Friday

  • Fermoy

Saturday

Calf Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

Tuesday

  • Kilkenny

Wednesday

  • Enniscorthy

Thursday

Friday

Saturday