You might remember the story from six years ago, where a young pet shop worker was awarded over €7million following the contraction of a disease.
The lady was Ms. Ingle, and she was back in court today seeking further compensation for the injuries incurred to her.
She contracted a disease called chlamydia psittacosis which resulted in her confinement to a wheelchair and paralysation.
She brought the case against her former employers, Petmania Ennis road Limerick, their parent company O'Keefes of Kilkenny, and the HSE.
She alleged that no health and safety training with regards disease was provided during her employment which in turn led to her contracting the disease.
The victim first noticed feeling ill back in late 2008, signs included headaches and nausea.
She then took a trip to the Midwestern Regional Hospital and was sent home after treatment for rest.
Upon returning to hospital it was found she had suffered irreversable brain damage as a result of the disease contracted. The victim alleged mismanagement by the HSE staff.
It was alleged that she contracted the disease from a Cockatiel parrot which had recently entered the store.
The judge awarded in favour of Ms Ingle, awarding her a further €3million to cover the next three years of her care.