As an all new feature, we give you the roundup up all the other stories of the day. Just so you never miss a thing.
Introducing our all new feature, just so you never miss any of the day's 'other' news stories. Check them out below!
- Aurivo and Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet are hosting an animal nutritionist workshop and post-budget day analysis with IFAC Accountants on Tuesday 17th of October at Dorrians Hotel, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal and Tuesday 24th October at the McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris Co. Mayo both begin at 8pm.
- The Government has announced funding for the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) FutureMilk Centre, bringing to 17 the total number of funded SFI research centres. The FutureMilk Centre will be hosted by Teagasc, in partnership with the Tyndall National Institute, Ireland’s national microelectronics institute, the Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (TSSG) at Waterford Institute of Technology and the Insight Centre for Data Analytics (at UCD, NUIG, DCU).
- Sinn Féin’s McAleer has sought clarification over “exceptional circumstances” allowing for continued slurry spreading.
- Michael Fitzmaurice says the latest stamp duty increase could cost farmers up to €12 million.
- Bord Iascaigh Mhara have launched a new Research and Development fund. It was launched to support Irish companies’ innovation in the seafood sector, while it also aims to help develop the industry.It is estimated that the seafood industry is worth €850 million.
- Dairygold are set to close up to 13 different stores across the province of Munster.
- Kerry Group have increased investment in the US, with purchase of US tech company Ganedan. They mainly deal in patented probiotics.
- Ornua, is looking for graduates to join their team as part of a new programme.. The Ornua Graduate Programme is an 18-month programme which will offer graduates a chance to build a range of business skills, gaining valuable experience in one of Ireland’s most vibrant businesses.
- Microsoft complete purchase of Kerry Wind farms power, for the next 15 years. The deal was made under a power purchase agreement.