Today, Wednesday, July 4th is the day when the National Dairy Council, Dairygold and Kerrygold are set to host a seminar entitled, “Dairy and the Modern Consumer”.
The seminar will take place on the farm of the 2017 NDC & Kerrygold Quality Milk award winners, the Walsh family near Ballylooby, Cahir, Co. Tipperary. The seminar will kick off at approximately 10.am and will run up until 11:45am. There will be a number of key speakers on the day, such as Ornua Brand director, Ciara O’Callaghan, who will discuss the latest consumer insights from a dairy perspective.
- Ornua Brand director, Ciara O’Callaghan - to discuss latest consumer insights, dairy perspective.
- Senior Nutritionist NDC, Dr. Marianne Walsh - to discuss nutritional trends and the health impact from ‘fad’ diets.
- Food Writer and Commentator, John McKenna - to discuss Modern Food trends and where Food is going in the future for restaurants and chefs.
Topics of Farm Walk -
- Growing/Grazing and using more grass
- Producing high-quality milk, with low SCC and TBC.
- Sustainable milk production, with due care for the environment.
- Farm performance, current and over time.
- Family dairy farming - this includes the Walsh family expansion plans, labour/workload and lean farming.