McHale launched the latest addition to the Fusion Range – The McHale Fusion 3 Pro – at National Ploughing Championships.
This machine slots in between the McHale Fusion 3 and the McHale Fusion 3 Plus, giving the operator access to a lot more options such as net and density adjustment, bale moisture recording, bale weighing system and cameras.
Standard features on the McHale Fusion 3 Pro include;
- 2.1m pick-up;
- High capacity rotor;
- 25 knife chopper unit;
- Unique bale transfer;
- High-speed vertical wrapping ring;
- Knife pressure display;
- Knife position sensor;
- Drop floor unblocking system;
- Drop floor sensor;
- 18-roller bale chamber with heavy-duty shafts;
- 50mm double row chamber bearings;
- Heavy-duty chains;
- High-performance netter unit;
- Automatic progressive greasing system;
- Hydraulic cut & holds;
- Film break sensors;
- Continuous oiler system;
- Fully automatic cycle.
James Heanue - McHale Irish Sales Manager - said: “The McHale Fusion range of integrated baler-wrappers are recognised worldwide for their unique patented bale transfer, vertical wrapping ring and high output.”
“The McHale Fusion 3 Pro provides new levels of operator comfort with its large touch screen monitor, in-cab net and density adjustment, inbuilt camera, and faster wrapping speeds along with a host of other features.”
Like the Fusion 3 and Fusion 3 Plus, the Fusion 3 Pro shares the McHale patented bale transfer, which is noted for its reliability, speed and positive bale transfer in hilly conditions.
The operator can adjust bale density and the number of layers of net from the comfort of the tractor cab.
On the McHale Fusion 3 Pro, the wrapping speed has been increased by 20%, allowing the machine to apply 4 layers in approximately 18 seconds or six layers in 24 seconds.
iTouch Control Console with touch screen
The operators link to this efficient machine is the iTouch Control Console with its large 7” touch screen monitor. The McHale Fusion 3 Pro comes fitted with a camera as standard to monitor the transfer and wrapping operation at the rear of the machine.
The camera image automatically displays on the 7” monitor in the tractor cab at key points throughout the cycle. The iTouch control console has a second camera input if required.
From the iTouch console, the operator can adjust bale density and the number of layers of net from the comfort of the tractor cab.
Other new features include:
- An automatic drop floor reset as standard - If a blockage occurs, the operator can press one button on the iTouch which lowers the floor;
- An automatic knife drop feature - Allows for the operator to chop the grass until the bale is 95% complete, at which point the machine will automatically drop out the knives;
- An end of wrapping roll function – this allows the bale to be rolled after wrapping has finished to ensure the plastic is bound tightly to the bale;
- A bale tip speed adjustment - Can be adjusted from the tractor cab;
- An output for controlling a crop additive applicator - This will engage an aftermarket crop additive applicator;
- A “reset total reminder” - Prompts the operator to reset the customer total when changing between fields;
- A USB export feature - Allows for the bale totals and customer details for each individual customer to be exported to a USB, providing for a seamless transfer to the farmers or contractors’ records.
Additional optional features
A suite of additional optional features can be fitted to the machine to monitor bale moisture content and bale weight;
- Bale weighing system;
- Bale moisture recording;
- Optional receipt printer;
- Camless pick-up;
- Selectable knives;
- Net loading device;
- Side tip;
- Tyres upgrades.
“The McHale Fusion 3 Pro uses net to bind the bale in the chamber and features a host of new features to benefit operator comfort, machine functionality and offers the option to record unrivalled levels of data.