McAree Engineering Ltd are delighted to offer school leavers the opportunity of learning a trade through their Apprenticeships in Metal Fabrication & Sheet Metalworking scheme.
These opportunities will commence over the next couple of months we are now looking for applicants for these Apprenticeships.
Brendan McAree, Managing Director “we are delighted to be working with Cavan & Monaghan Education & Training Board in delivering these Apprenticeship opportunities.
We offer the opportunity to learn a trade at one of Irelands most innovative Sheet Metal fabrication companies – we have invested over €2m in the past 12 months improving our facilities and we are now looking for the best young apprentices to help us drive our business forward.”
McAree Engineering are one of Ireland’s leading Sheet metal fabrication companies, operating a suite of top of the range Trumpf lasers, press brakes and sheet metal equipment.
Facilities include; 3 top of the range Trumpf Lasers including the latest Fibre Optic technology; a 7m, 600 Ton press brake – the largest in Ireland and a purpose built 14 bay welding centre at their factory in Ballinode and a new state of the art powder paint facility at their factory in Carrickroe, Co. Monaghan.
McAree Engineering provide an outsource sheet metal fabrication service for a range of Own Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’S) across the Island of Ireland.
In addition, they design and manufacture the V-Mac range of bulk storage silos and associated products.
Their Projects Division in Carrickroe designs and manufactures a wide range of bespoke metal projects & also is home to their Surface Treatment Centre.
With 100 expert team members, McAree offer an excellent opportunity to apprentices to start their career in the exciting area of metal work.
To apply please send your CV to Katharine at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Apprenticeship Opportunities
Sheet Metal Workers work with metal sheets which we laser cut, bend, punch using CNC lasers, press brakes & punch machines.
Metal Fabricators work involves the installation and manufacture of a range of metallic systems to include pressure vessels, tank and boiler manufacture, structural steel systems, plate steel systems and piping systems.
Metal Fabricators can shape steel components with the aid of thermal cutting equipment and a range of machinery used in bending, folding and cutting metal plate and pipe components.
Thermal processes such as MMA (Manual Metal Arc) welding, TIG/TAG (Tungsten Inert Gas and Tungsten Active Gas) welding MIG/MAG (Metal Inert Gas and Metal Active Gas welding and oxy acetylene welding and brazing are skills used by the metal fabricator.
Personal Qualities and Skills
As a Metal Fabricator or Sheet Metal worker you will need to be physically active and to be able to work with your hands. An awareness of Health & Safety and good housekeeping is essential as well as attention to detail.
As a Metal Fabricator or Sheet Metal worker you must have the ability to
· Plan, organise and communicate Effectively
· Solve problems and work independently
· As part of a team show a positive attitude
· Recognise the need for good customer relations
· Demonstrate good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality and safety awareness
Aspects of Work
· Learning and developing new practical craft related skills, knowledge and competence
· Working with and learning from experienced Craftsperson’s
· Seeing a job through from start to finish and comply with Health &Safety requirements
· Using tools, operating machinery and responsible for controlling or adjusting equipment
· Demonstrate good analytical and trouble shooting skills while understanding technical drawings and diagrams
· Be well organised and careful with practical tasks
· Keeping up to date with changing technologies and be physically active
· Taking responsibility for own learning, including the allocation of study time
· Working in a noisy environment and pass all exams (Theory, practical’s & skills demos)
· Earning as you learn
Typical Apprentice Process
· Be aged 16 years and the minimum educational requirements are Grade D in 5 subjects in the Junior Certificate examination or approved equivalent OR
· The successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course OR
· Three years work experience (over 16 years of age) in a relevant designated industrial activity as Solas shall deem acceptable
Our Apprentice application process is now open.
· July/August 2016 - Aptitude Test and Interview’s will take place
· August 2016 - Work Experience Placement
· September 2016 - Job Offers Finalised
Please contact Katharine at HR@mcaree-eng.com