North Tipperary Macra na Feirme have teamed up with Healthy Ireland to develop a community-based response to positive health and wellbeing for farmers in their rural communities.
Make the Moove- Farmer’s Matter’ has already held a number of successful workshops and have added some more dates to the schedule.
The initiative gives those in the farming community the opportunity to share, discuss and showcase their support for one another in a friendly non-judgemental environment.
It is hoped the proposed programme will challenge farmers to think about how they approach their work, their own wellbeing and their personal lives.
Make the Moove has identified that it is important to establish a network of support and provide an opportunity where farmers can help one another as it can be a very solitary working environment with little human interaction.
These workshops aim to provide farmers who are not able or motivated to seek help, or simply unsure of how to get started, with an outlet to share.
All farmers are invited to attend the upcoming workshops. The objective of the two-hour session is to:
- Work with farmers to find out what is important to them. Identify real needs, examine existing supports and identify gaps;
- To explore opportunities for action and develop resilience-based prevention initiatives;
- To generate solutions;
- To support the development of social and structural connections – e.g. Farmers’ Rural Network.
An integral part of the workshop will be farmers telling their stories of how they overcame obstacles and made that ‘moove’ towards good health and wellbeing.
- Thursday, April 18th - Racket Hall Hotel, Roscrea 7.30pm -9.30pm
- Thursday, April 25th Anner Hotel, Thurles 7.30pm -9.30pm
For further information, contact John Keane or Jonathan Dwyer, Devil’s Bit Macra na Feirme - Tel: 085 7049175 or 087 6778939 or Email - email@example.com