The Association of Farm and Forestry Contractors in Ireland (FCI) has issued advice for contractors and machinery operators in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Disinfect the interior tractor/machine cab twice-a-day;
- Disinfect the tractor cab door handles twice-a-day;
- No entry for others into the tractor cab with you;
- Use disposable plastic gloves to open and close farm gates;
- No hand contact, no shaking hands
- If in doubt, check field and other instructions over the phone;
- Keep a minimum of a two-metre safety distance;
- Cough into your elbow;
- Change overalls for a fresh one each day or use disposable overalls;
- Bring enough food and drink to last a long day and take rest periods where you get out of the tractor cab for exercise and fresh air at least twice-a-day.
Image source: Farm Contractors Ireland \ Facebook