Some 1,100 entries went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday (October 10th), according to George Candler – auctioneer.
He noted that trade was sharper, especially for in-spec continental bullocks.
“Heavy, out-of-spec bullocks are difficult to get away. Cull cows were harder to sell with quality heifers peaking at €2.30/kg.” the auctioneer added.
- Bullocks 600kg plus - €1.60-€2.30/kg or €930-€1,380/head;
- Bullocks 500-600kgs - €1.50-€2.40/kg or €720-€1,320/head;
- Bullocks 400-500kgs - €1.40-€2.55/kg or €740-€1,115/head;
- Bullocks less than 400kgs - €1.40-€2.40/kg or €520-€930/head.
- Beef heifers - €1.70-€2.10/kg or €880-€1,160/head;
- Forward-store heifers - €1.60-€2.20/kg or €800-€1,100/head;
- Light store heifers - €1.50-€2.25/kg or €480-€830/head;
- Friesian cull cows - €0.80-€1.20/kg;
- Continental cull cows – €1.15-€1.60/kg.