A slightly smaller entry was presented for dale at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday, November 14th, according to the mart’s George Candler.
The auctioneer reported a steady trade all-round, for all breeds especially in-spec animals.
“Heavy and overaged bullocks and heifers were difficult to sell as were cull cows but a lift in prices may not be too far away.”
“It will all depend on supply and demand but numbers in livestock marts throughout the country have started to decline,” he added.
- 600kgs plus - €1.30-€2.20/kg or €950-€1,340/head;
- 500-600kg - €1.60-€2.30/kg or €850-€1,280/head;
- 400-500kg - €1.70-€2.50/kg or €780-€1,120;
- Less than 400kgs - €1.60-€2.45/kg or €550-€890/head.
- Continental culls - €1.10-€1.55/kg;
- Friesian cull cows - €0.70-€1.15/kg.
- Beef heifers - €1.65-€2.10/kg or €1,260/head;
- Forward-store heifers - €1.70-€2.40/kg or €800-€1,100;
- 500-600kg - €1.60-€2.30/kg or €480-€900/head.