KEENAN has launched a used mixer wagon rent scheme with InTouch to support Irish farmers impacted by severe drought conditions.
The company is giving farmers who do not own or have access to a mixer wagon the opportunity to rent a KEENAN machine.
The company is inundated with calls from farmers who are actively looking for support on this crisis, according to Matt Higgins, KEENAN, commercial director.
“Livestock farmers are facing a severe fodder crisis this winter due to a drought-induced absence of grass. The current situation is unprecedented and is causing significant financial pressures on farms and huge stress for farmers,” he added.
Rent a machine
The KEENAN mixer wagon rental proposal gives farmers who do not own a mixer wagon the opportunity to rent a machine for three months.
“Although there are some changes predicted in the weather forecast, the extreme impact of the last two months of dry conditions will continue to affect farmers for the coming months,” said Higgins.
To assist farmers with evaluating their feeding options and to generate a feed budget for the coming months, the rental scheme also includes the opportunity for farmers to benefit from an InTouch on-farm visit, paired with continual InTouch support from a team of leading nutritionists.
“By providing farmers with an option to rent a KEENAN mixer wagon and utilise the InTouch nutrition support service for three months, we hope this will instil some control back to the farmers and, in turn, get them back on track for the winter ahead,” said Higgins.
Avail of Scheme
- To avail of the KEENAN mixer wagon rental scheme, contact your local representative:
- Cathal Gibbons, sales manager, Ireland — responsible for the Midlands region on +353 87 823 0128
- Gareth McAllister, regional sales manager, Northern Ireland on 00 44 7849 098544
- Melvyn Dowling, regional sales manager, South-East Ireland on + 353 87 149 0149
- David Nolan, regional sales manager, South-West Ireland on +353 87 052 2573