Trade was “excellent” for all types, according to Harkin.
There was a great entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart with almost a full clearance on Thursday, July 9th, according to Ann Harkin.
“Trade was excellent for all types with quality cattle in great demand selling from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg while plainer lots sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.”
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €500/head to €1385/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €705 to €840 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €705 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €730 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €905 over;
- Store heifers - €350 to €610 over.