The Robovator is a vision based hoeing machine, which was designed for the automatic controlling weeds in row crops.
The automatic hoeing design, which was created by F. Poulsen Engineering, has been described as extremely easy to operate and can even be controlled through a smart phone, tablet, laptop or via its own display system.
The Robovator can be easily adjusted to any row spacing (25cm to 75cm) and can operate at speeds between 2-8km/hr. It can be used on any form of system and the Robovator is equipped with special plant detection cameras above each crop row, which helps it detect weeds. It features a mechanical tool, operated by hydraulic power, allowing for high-speed weeding.
When weeding, the weeding tools usually stay in the rows, but move out of the way once passing a crop. Cameras monitor each plant as it passes. The design can also detect when a row is missing r if there is a gap and will stay there. Automatic lateral control makes sure the machine stays in the exact position, even if the tractor veers off course.
Main Features -
- High performance of mechanical components
- Automatic lateral alignment of machine
- Each hoeing tools individually controlled by separate cameras
- Hydraulic operated for a long lifetime
- Onboard hydraulic and electric power supply
- Very simple to operate, also for the unskilled operator.
- Individual electronic adjustment of hoeing parameters during operation
- Hoeing tools are protected from overload by springs
- Suitable for transplanted crops until closing of the rows
- Available in 3 – 6 rows
- Detection of weeds by discriminating between plant seizes
- High capacity, depending on soil and plant conditions – up to 4 km pr hour!
- Low power requirement, – only 5 KW (7 PS)
Whatever the problems, the Robovator surely beats weeding by hand! Read more about the Robovator here or watch it in action below.