Numbers increased and there was more activity in all rings at Ennis Mart, but the trade was similar to last week, according to a spokesperson for the mart.
The spokesperson outlined that there was good demand for quality sucklers, especially for those that carry 4 and 5-star replacement rates.
In-calf lots climbed to €1,560, while a top call of €2,200 was recorded for a 2015-born Simmental cow with her Charolais heifer calf at foot.
- 1 CH 290kgs - €1,000 - €3.45/kg;
- 1 LM 395kgs - €1,090 - €2.76/kg;
- 1 BB 275kgs - €970 - €3.53/kg;
- 2 LM 465kgs - €1,180 - €2.54/kg;
- 3 CH 265kgs - €835 - €3.15/kg;
- 3 LM 340kgs - €1,045 - €3.07/kg;
- 1 CH 360kgs - €1,120 - €3.11/kg;
- 1 CH 390kgs - €1,075 - €2.76/kg.
- 1 LM 285kgs - €820 - €2.88/kg;
- 1 LM 305kgs - €960 - €3.15/kg;
- 2 CH 247kgs - €705 - €2.85/kg;
- 2 CH 480kgs - €1,125 - €2.33/kg;
- 1 LM 380kgs - €1,070 - €2.81/kg;
- 1 LM 340kgs - €990 - €2.91/kg;
- 1 CH 335kgs - €1,040 - €3.10/kg;
- 2 CH 347kgs - €940 - €2.70/kg.
The spokesperson added that the trade for lambs was similar trade to last week entries averaged just over €2/kg, while cull ewes made from €30- €90.