Direct payments issued to 99% of farmers on day one


“Payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from December 5th, 2019"

Direct payments issued to 99% of farmers on day one

  • ADDED
  • 1 mth ago

“Payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from December 5th, 2019"

Full or balance direct payments have commenced with 99% (23,609) of NI farmers having their payment released on Monday, December 2nd, bringing the total issued since October to £281million.

The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) paid out £85.6million on day one of the December window, in addition to the £195.4million previously issued in advance in October/November.

A DAERA spokesperson, said: “Today (Monday, December 2nd), 99% of farm businesses will receive their full or balanced payments on day one of the payment window – a record-breaking achievement. This included 95% of farm businesses subject to land inspections.”

“Payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from December 5th, 2019. The Department continues to work hard to pay the remaining claims as quickly as possible.”

Payment letters were issued on Monday and are available through DAERA’s online portal.

‘Fully verified claims’

Balance payments can only be made on fully verified claims, the DAERA stressed.

Payments will be made to those with fully verified claims who could not receive an advance payment at that time.

“As the Department had obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value, balance payments will comprise the remaining 30% of claim value.” the spokesperson outlined.

Similar Articles

Comments


Most popular

The Marts Forecast
The Marts Forecast
Click to View Weekly Mart Schedules
SELECT LIVESTOCK

Cattle Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Birr
  • Carrigallen
  • Granard
  • Elphin
  • Inishowen
  • Manorhamilton
  • Stranolar
  • Tuam

Tuesday

  • Ballina
  • Ballyjamesduff
  • Drumshambo
  • Ennis
  • Enniscorthy
  • Fermoy
  • Nenagh

Wednesday

  • Athenry
  • Ballinrobe
  • Elphin
  • Granard
  • Kilrush
  • Nenagh

Thursday

  • Ballymote
  • Birr
  • Castlerea
  • Drumshambo
  • Ennis
  • Kilkenny
  • Raphoe

Friday

  • Donegal
  • Gort
  • Kilfenora
  • Roscommon
  • Roscrea
  • Tullow

Saturday

  • Balla
  • Carnew
  • Carrigallen
  • Dowra
  • Loughrea
  • Maam Cross
  • Mohill
  • New Ross
  • Scariff
  • Tullow

Sheep Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Ballyjamesduff
  • Carrigallen
  • Elphin
  • Fermoy
  • Kilkenny
  • Raphoe

Tuesday

  • Athenry
  • Ballina
  • Donegal
  • Ennis
  • Inishowen
  • Tuam
  • Tullow

Wednesday

  • Ballinrobe
  • Enniscorthy
  • Gort
  • Manorhamilton
  • Roscommon
  • Roscrea
  • Stranorlar

Thursday

  • Ballymote
  • Carnew
  • Loughrea

Friday

  • Dowra

Saturday

  • New Ross
  • Maam Cross

Dairy Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

  • Kilkenny

Tuesday

Wednesday

  • Enniscorthy (2nd Wednesday Of Month)

Thursday

Friday

  • Fermoy

Saturday

Calf Marts Scheduled Nationwide

Monday

Tuesday

  • Kilkenny

Wednesday

  • Enniscorthy

Thursday

Friday

Saturday