The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine is seeking a Temporary Forestry Inspector Grade III For candidate info or to apply click.
Principal duties will be focused on National Forest Inventory field data collection, specifically:
- Locate and travel to NFI plots using digital maps and GPS co-ordinates;
- Measure and record silvicultural, forest health and biodiversity data using specialised field equipment;
- Return data collected to the Project Co-ordinator;
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade as the Minister may decide.
Essential Requirements: Candidates must have on or before August 30th, 2019
- A qualification at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) for which Forestry was taken as a major subject or a qualification that would be acceptable to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine as being at least equivalent;
- A full clean category B driving licence and full-time access to a car;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- The ability to work to rigid timelines while maintaining standards of scientific excellence;
- Willingness to work as part of a team;
- Knowledge of forest inventory, forest resource surveys or related areas. A successful candidate on whom the required University degree has not been conferred at time of appointment will be required to have the degree formally conferred within a period of six months from the date of appointment.
- Experience of working in forest inventory, forest resource surveys or related areas;
- Knowledge and experience of computerised field-data collection;
- Knowledge and experience of information technology, including GPS, Laser Rangefinder and field computer hardware and software.
It is in candidates’ interest to provide a detailed and accurate account of their experiences relevant to this post in the application form. Competencies Applicants should have all the attributes required of a Temporary Forestry Inspector Grade lll and, in particular, they must demonstrate, by reference to specific examples from their career to-date, that they possess or have the capacity to acquire the qualities, skills and knowledge required for the role of Temporary Forestry Inspector Grade lll as identified in the following competency framework.
- Specialist Knowledge, Expertise & Self Development;
- Analytical Skills, Sound Judgment and Strategic Thinking;
- Communication and Teamwork;
- Drive and Commitment.
The salary scale for this position, with effect from October 1st, 2018 is as follows:
- PPC: – Year 1: €30,987;
- Year 2: €33,387.
This rate will apply where the appointee is an existing civil or public servant appointed on or after April 6th 1995 and is required to make a personal pension contribution.
- All sections of the form must be fully completed;
- One hard copy of your application form must be submitted no later than 4pm on Friday, August, 30th 2019 to;
Mr Ray Nesbitt,
Competitions & Recruitment,
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
Room 317 Eir Building.
Old Knockmay Road,