A number of agricultural shows will not take place in 2020 due to Covid-19.
The Irish Shows Association (ISA) has said its board will be meeting regularly by conference call over the coming weeks and will continue to monitor the situation.
A spokesperson for the association said: “At all times, we will abide by government and public health guidelines. It is not an easy decision to take for any show committee. We will be sorry to lose these events from our calendar in 2020 and look forward to welcoming them back in 2021."
The ISA explained it will be updating this list on a weekly basis as “the situation develops”:
- Armagh County Show (June 13th);
- Bandon Agricultural Show (May 17th);
- Ballymoney Agricultural Show (June 5th and 6th);
- Belgooly & District Agricultural Show (May 31st);
- Charleville Agricultural Show (June 27th and 28th);
- Dungarvan Agricultural Show (July 12th);
- Lurgan & District Horse & Cattle Show (June 6th);
- Newry Show (June 27th);
- Newbridge College Show (May 10th);
- Newmarket-on-Fergus Agricultural Show (May 3rd);
- Omagh Agricultural Show (July 3rd and 4th);
- Westport Horse & Pony Show (May 31st & June 1st).
Image source: Irish Shows Association \ Facebook