Markethill Livestock and Farm Sales held a Christmas Show & Sale in November 2018 in aid of Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice.
€47,847.68 (£42,190) was raised for the charity; the donation money was used for the following;
- New hospital beds for all 10 of the hospice rooms,
- 4 new hoists,
- 1 ‘cool cot’ (the first of its kind for the hospice),
- 1 ‘cool bed’ (also the first of its kind for the hospice),
- New trolleys for patient movement,
- Specialist palliative care training for 1 doctor and 1 nurse.
A spokesperson for NI Children’s Hospice said: “This is simply amazing and life-changing for the patients at the hospice and we are so proud of our farming community for enabling the hospice to purchase these items.”
“One of the hospice fundraisers who joined us on the night has sadly lost two children through life-limiting illnesses. She remarked how being there and seeing the generosity of our customers gave her a huge lift,” they added.
The spokesperson also thanked everyone who participated: “Thank you so much to everyone who brought stock, bought stock, donated to the night and bought auction items. Your generosity is making a real difference to sick children in NI”.
Image source: Markethill Livestock and Farm Sales \ Facebook