842 cattle went under the hammer at Carnew Mart on Saturday (October 19th), according to David Quinn – manager.
“A large entry of quality store cattle meeting an improved demand, with more farmer and feedlot customers.”
- Beef & forward bulls - €550-€860 over or € 1.72 to €2.05/kg;
- Continental store bulls - €430- €660 over or €1.87-€2.36/kg;
- HE and AA bulls - €260-€580 over or €1.65-€2.07/kg;
- Friesian bullocks - €130-€380 over or €1.21-€1.62/kg;
- Beef heifers - €460-€780 over or €1.68-€2.15/kg;
- Store heifers - €250- €680 over or €1.55-€2.39/kg;
- Feeding cows - €130 under to €320 over;
- Beef cows - €330-€680 over.
The manager noted that some 3,625 entries were offered for sale at the mart’s sheep sale on Thursday, October 17th.
“Butcher and factory lambs were up €2/head; stores and ewes were similar to last week,” Quinn added.
- Butcher & factory lambs - €90-€102;
- Store lambs over 35 kg - €75-€ 86;
- Store lambs under 35 kg - €62-€81;
- Quality ewe lambs - €85-€124;
- Heavy cull ewes - €90-€115;
- Light cull ewes - €55-€85;
- Hoggett ewes - €130-€180
- Older breeding ewes - €80-€157;
- Breeding rams - €150-€480.