Carnew Livestock Mart in conjunction with industry partners will host a health and safety information evening on Tuesday, September 11th from 7pm-9pm.
Key-note speakers will discuss topics including livestock trends and dealing with fodder shortages; there will also be a number of practical demonstrations on livestock and machinery.
First responders and speakers from AWARENESS Head to Toe will also be present to discuss farm safety and mental health at the KT-approved event.
The line-up includes:
Opening address by David Quinn - Manager of Carnew Mart;
- Darren Carty - Journalist;
- Jim Dockery - FRS Training;
- Peter Gohery - Embrace FARM;
- George Graham - Awareness Head to Toe.
- First Responders - Practical Training;
- Gardiner Grain - Health & Safety Equipment;
- McCauley’s Pharmacy - Health Checks;
- Practical Livestock Handling;
- Machinery Use - Observations & Guidelines.
Speaking to That’s Farming, a spokesperson for Carnew Mart said:
“We are hoping to raise as much awareness as possible for this important topic.”
For more information, contact Carnew Mart on (053) 942-3988.