Agri-Spread International - based in the west of Ireland - are manufacturers of the Agri-Spread range of lime, fertiliser, manure and bulk product spreaders.
Since its inception over 10 years ago, the company has expanded rapidly. In addition to the home market, the company now sells its products in the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and North America.
In response to the growth of its business, recent expansion of the manufacturing plant and new product launches a new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to support the management of its manufacturing facility in Ballyhaunis, County Mayo.
As a member of the management team, you will work closely with the Managing Director and department heads to ensure the efficient running of the firm’s operations and lead on the development of the company’s infrastructure and staff in a wide-ranging role that will involve a variety of activities across the company.
- Managing Director
- Procurement Manager
- Financial Director
- Technical & R&D Department
- Administration & Human Resources Departments
- Key Suppliers, Contractors & Customers
- Commercial/Sales & Marketing
- To oversee the entire factory in terms of staff and material production processes in order to drive performance and efficiency in line with business objectives and goals.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director and be accountable for the following key areas:
Production & Business Management
- Manage, supervise and control production, timely consistent targets and increasing productivity.
- Plan and organise build and lead time schedules.
- Oversee the complete production process, quality control, staff, materials and equipment.
- Routine, preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment and facilities.
- Budgeting, cost management and control.
- Implement and manage lean manufacturing along with operational standard procedures.
- Lead health, safety & environmental compliance, ensuring a safe working facility & site.
- Recruitment, training, staff mentoring, development and leadership.
- Ability to produce reports, monitor progress and analyse production data. Forecast v’s actual.
- Scaling up the production facility and operation as future growth levels demand.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar management role in the engineering sector.
- 10+ years’ experience in production/manufacturing or closely related industry.
- Knowledge of business and management – Budgeting, planning, resources & HR.
- Planning, organization and project management skills to be able to run and monitor the production process.
- Attention to detail and priorities, high standards, results-focused and ensuring consistent quality.
- Technically-minded with mechanical aptitude for problem solving and improvements.
- Able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting demanding and changing deadlines.
- Motivating staff and others to meet timelines and deadlines.
- A leader, team player and builder, decision maker with clear communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Organised and efficient, leading by example & create accountability within the workforce.
- • Third level qualification in related field.
- IT literate and numeric.
“This role presents an ideal opportunity for a candidate who wishes to be part of a dynamic, innovative and developing an international company.” A spokesperson for the company said.
The salary package will reflect the importance and responsibility of this position.
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please send applications together with CV to: MaireCaulfield@agrispread.com or call 094 96 31808 for further information.