The Government is providing €85m to beef farmers as part of Budget 2020.
The sum is being made available in targeted schemes to "support sustainable beef farming", according to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
- €45m for the Beef Data and Genomics Programme (BDGP);
- €40m for targeted supports such as BEEP scheme and supports for dairy-beef animals.
Among the announcements made earlier today include specific support measures as part of the Government's Climate Action Plan:
- €103m in support for forestry sector;
- €91m for on-farm investment schemes such as solar panels and low emissions slurry spreading;
- €3m to fund additional pilot projects aimed specifically at climate measures in agriculture.
Further information to follow.