What to expect at Budget 2018, kicking off this afternoon in Dáil Éireann.
The budget kicks off today, with farmers across the country eagerly awaiting results.
Here is what’s predicted for the upcoming budget:
- An increase to the ANC scheme is predicted.
- Expenditure on TAMS also expected to rise.
- Scheme for low cost loans for farmers
- Continued support of SGLA and BDGP expected.
- The average family is expected to save between €500-€600 a year.
- Lower USC is expected, with a reported decrease of quarter of a percent.
- There’s also a possibility that there could be an increase in excise, which would narrow the gap between the cost of diesel and the cost of petrol.
- In order to encourage house building, land tax on vacant sites could possibly be introduced.
- The minimum wage is expected to increase to €9.55 per hour for an experienced adult worker, which is an increase of 3.2% on the current rate.